himagine solutions understands the critical role that medical coding professionals have on the financial integrity of healthcare facilities. We can service all of your healthcare coding needs including basic staff augmentation as well as more strategic managed coding solutions including full department outsourcing through our Enterprise HIM offering. Learn more about our Enterprise HIM offering HERE.
We offer highly qualified, fully credentialed medical coding specialists, including professionals certified in CCS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, RHIA and RHIT that are immediately available to meet the needs of healthcare organizations.
Our medical coders are experienced in supporting a variety of environments, from acute care facilities to physician services and insurance companies. In addition, our coders have the flexibility to provide support as in-house coding specialists, remote or outsourced (partial or full) medical coding resources.
In working with himagine solutions, healthcare organizations will benefit from a single resource that creates efficiencies in HIM department management and maximizes revenue cycle opportunities.
Our medical coding staffing support includes:
- Assembly and analysis
- Medical records coding
- Medical coding reviews
- Filing and scanning
From the complexities of ICD-10 coding to EMR implementation, himagine solutions' physician coding services address the specific needs of the provider community, including physician offices, group practices, multi-specialty clinics and specialty centers. Our certified physician coder specialists are highly skilled and trained in CPT, E/M, HCPCS-II, and ICD-10-CM coding practices.
himagine solutions' physician coding specialists are dedicated to providing clinical documentation that offers data quality/integrity, completeness, appropriateness and authentication. Our review standards are benchmarked against federal guidelines and criteria from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our in-depth screening, interviewing and coder testing program means that you will gain physician coding professionals that are experienced with the accuracy demands of medical coding and compliance. Our coding team can help organizations improve reimbursement opportunities and the revenue cycle by creating greater efficiencies in coding productivity and documentation.
Our coding professionals offer many services for physicians’ offices, including:
- Process improvement and denial management
- Comprehensive E&M review to include ICD-10 diagnoses and CPT Codes and/or HCPCS Level II Provider documentation review for severity of illness and specificity
- "Incident-to" billing for services provided by non-physicians
- ICD-10 and EMR coding support to include ICD-10 education
himagine solutions has one of the largest populations of experienced HIM professionals in the industry. Our talented HIM managers are RHIA or RHIT credentialed and may have additional coding certifications, including CCS, CCS-P, CPC, and/or CPC-H. We only engage HIM managers who have a minimum of three years of professional management experience. Our HIM professionals are able to identify process, system and/or staff related problems and concerns, develop solutions from best practice alternatives and if necessary effectively escalate issues to executive leadership
Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) is critical to the success of healthcare organizations. himagine solutions' CDI staff augmentation services can help eliminate gaps in the reimbursement and revenue cycle and increase the quality of documentation
With resources available nationwide, himagine solutions has the flexibility to provide CDI consultants on-site and/or remotely. Our CDI consultants have healthcare regulatory experience in a variety of settings and are skilled in clinical knowledge, payment systems and methodologies, as well as ICD-10 coding concepts and guidelines.
Our CDI staffing consultants are able to:
- Effectively communicate with an educate your medical staff through verbal, written or electronic queries
- Identify and clarify missing, conflicting or nonspecific clinical documentation related to diagnoses and procedures
- Support accurate diagnostic and procedural coding, DRG assignments, and severity of illness
- Promote health record completion during the patient's course of care
- Initiate concurrent or retrospective reviews of inpatient health records to improve documentation accuracy
CDI Specialist Qualifications
himagine solutions recruits and retains CDI consultants who meet our qualifications, including:
- A minimum of three years of CDI experience as:
- an RN with CDI experience,
- a CDI credentialed professional,
- an HIM professional with CDI experience and/or credential, and/or
- a combination of the above experience
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license in addition to a CCDS or CDIP credential and/or a CCDS or CDIP credential combined with a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or HIM (RHIT/RHIA) credential
- Thorough working knowledge of Inpatient Prospective Payment System, Official Coding Guidelines, and CMS regulatory guidelines related to Coding and MS-DRG assignment
- Strength in key “soft skill” areas, including:
- Deductive Reasoning
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to interact professionally with all members of an organization, including allied healthcare providers, nursing and HIM departments