Gina McNellis, MA, RHIA, CTR, CHP
Director, Registry Services
Gina has over 27 years of experience in healthcare, specializing in areas of health information, cancer registry, and cancer registry education. She has experience overseeing all aspects of cancer registry operations, developing and maintaining approved cancer programs, and managing all aspects of registry departments, including facilitating process improvements, recruiting and managing staff, overseeing budgets, and creating health information, HIPAA, and cancer registry policies and procedures.
- Overseeing all aspects of cancer registry operations including casefinding, abstracting, suspense, RQRS, CP3R, performance improvement/outcomes and follow-up
- Overseeing and facilitating site assessments
- Coordinating CoC Survey readiness preparation
- Data mining for physician research, data collecting for Radiation Oncology Protocol patients in accordance with protocol standards, and preparing reports to improve cancer care
- Working with multiple registry software and electronic medical records including Web Plus, FCDS IDEAS, GenEDITS, OncoLog, EPIC, Meditech, Sovera, Sunrise, and Cerner
- Creating health information and cancer registry course curricula for secondary education organizations and professional development programs, as well as mentoring students and cancer registrars
- Attends and presents at state meetings, regional events and national conferences
Gina is an active member of several associations, including but not limited to the National Cancer Registry Association, Florida Cancer Registry Association, and American Health Information Management Association.