andrea romero, rhia
Chief Operating Officer
Andrea is a healthcare business executive with 20 years of progressive experience in health information management (HIM) and Revenue Cycle functions. Her HIM experience in large teaching hospitals (BJC HealthCare) and revenue cycle experience in multi-hospital systems (Health Management Associates) allows her to see the healthcare industry from multiple perspectives.
- 20 years of experience in HIM operations and revenue cycle in for profit, not-for-profit, and community hospitals
- Member of Revenue Cycle Steering Committee for a large health system
- Specialized in reduction of staffing through centralized processes and standardization
- Experience in technology implementations in short time frames: EMR, coding, transcription, electronic eligibility, ADT
- ICD-10 Executive steering committee for a large health system – performed gap analysis, created action plans and ensured compliance for 13 hospitals
- Development of dashboards and reporting for clients and internal staff
- Guest speaker for state associations
A summa cum laude graduate of St. Louis University’s Health Information Management Program, Andrea is an active member of AHIMA and the Florida Health Information Management Association.